Career Opportunities at ISS
We are currently expanding our Fluorescence and the Biomedical NIRS divisions, and we are looking for talented, enterprising, and highly motivated individuals interested in working with a leading manufacturer of scientific instrumentation. ISS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Full medical benefits
- Paid vacation, paid holidays
- Flex Plan employee assistance program
- 401(k) savings plan
If you would like to be considered for a position please send your cover letter and resume. Click on the Apply Now button under the position you are interested in below.
Working and Living in Champaign-Urbana
Champaign and Urbana are twin cities located in central Illinois about 130 miles (about 200 km) south of Chicago and 100 miles (160 km) west of Indianapolis, Indiana. The population of Champaign-Urbana is almost 130,000 people while the population of the county and of the surrounding six counties reaches over 500,000 inhabitants. Champaign-Urbana is home to the University of Illinois with about 45,000 students. The presence of the highly rated university contributes to making Champaign-Urbana one of the fastest-growing technological areas in the United States identified as the Silicon Prairie. A number of high-tech software and instrumentation companies employing about 4,000 people are located in this area.
Immediate opening for a qualified Electrical Engineer with a strong interest in analog and digital design.
Manages and participates in the design and development efforts of the engineering team on multi-disciplinary projects for fluorescence and biomedical instrumentation involving the use of light sources and detectors. Independently evaluates and applies engineering principles to fulfill project objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experienced in PCB layout, construction and test techniques.
- Experience with microcontroller and DSP hardware design techniques.
- Experienced in digital logic circuit design using micro-controllers, DSPs, CPLDs, FPGAs, etc...
- Experience in small signal analog conditioning circuitry design and the application of A/D and D/A’s.
- Embedded programming experience in Assembler, VBASIC, C, C++, and VHDL languages.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Develop system level design input (specifications) for the electrical and electro-optical systems in instrumentation products.
- Apply electrical engineering expertise to develop instrument system architecture and resolve complex issues.
- Manage and/or lead the design effort of major electrical/electro-optical subsystem.
- Directly apply expert knowledge in electronics and electro-optics to execute overall project assignments.
- Interact closely with software, systems, mechanical, and electrical engineering functions to develop comprehensive solutions to design problems.
ISS is looking for a talented, enterprising, highly motivated individual interested in joining a dynamic production team. The ideal candidate has preferably 1-2 years work experience.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Assembling and testing electronics boards
- Assembling cables and harnesses
- Bench testing of assemblies