ISS is recognized at Mid-America Trade Summit 2021
Columbia, Missouri - November 4, 2021 - ISS was recognized at the 2021 Mid-America Trade Summit organized on November 2 & 3, 2021, by the University of Missouri International Trade Center, along with trade assistance partners from across the region.
The 2021 Trade Summit, delivered virtually, brought together top exporters, global trade leaders and trade assistance providers from across Mid-America. Featured presenters at the 2021 Summit included:
- Parth & Darpan Bhatt, Directors at Bhatt International, Inc. (MO) - sharing details from their "International Trade Playbook" and how to ignite international sales.
- John Turner, VP of International Operations at Lubrication Engineers (KS) - focusing on "The COVID Pivot" and the increasing importance of flexibility and a willingness to try new things as key ingredients supporting business success.
- Wei-Shin Lai, CEO of AcousticSheep LLC (PA) - sharing how "Problem + Innovation" can creatively be harnessed to generate worldwide product sales and demand.
- Robert Junk, President of Radiology Planning (MO) - sharing insights into how service companies can successfully make the jump into exporting.
- Lynn James-Meyer, CEO of BioSafe Technologies, Inc. (TX) -highlighting her companies export journey, and politely suggesting that "people who say it can’t be done, should get out of the way of those who are doing it!"
- An insightful session focused on "Global Logistics and Supply Chain" sharing updates and navigation tips from seasoned transportation and logistics professional Bob Imbriani, VP of International Sales at Team Worldwide; Gabriel Shweiri, President of BGI Worldwide Logistics and Dr. Anthony Ross, Distinguished Professor of Supply Chain Management at the MU Trulaske College of Business.
Sixteen Outstanding Exporter Honorees (from six states across the Mid-America region) were recognized for their export successes during the events proceedings, including ISS. Other honorees included:
- Alliance Rubber Company (Arkansas)
- Alpha Energy and Electric, Inc. (Missouri)
- Bhatt International (Missouri)
- Bruckman Rubber Company (Nebraska)
- Earth Science Laboratories (Arkansas)
- Franklin Strap (Tennessee)
- HCI Energy (Kansas)
- Holtec Gas Systems (Missouri)
- Leather Brothers/OmniPet (Arkansas)
- Lubrication Engineers, inc. (Kansas)
- Radiology Planning (Missouri)
- Shark OFF LLC (Kansas)
- The Steco Corporation Inc./Tap Magic (Arkansas)
- Superior Products International II, Inc. (Kansas)
- Ultra-Tech Aerospace, Inc. (Kansas)
ISS was nominated as a 2021 Mid-America Trade Summit Outstanding Exporter Honoree by the Illinois SBDC. In 2020, export sales accounted for 40% of the company's total revenue.
The University of Missouri International Trade Center began in 2014 as a collaboration between the MU Robert J. Trulaske, Sr. College of Business and the MU Extension Business Development Program. The center's goal is to promote economic development and aid in the international decision-making of Missouri businesses, while providing MU students, who are tomorrow's business leaders, opportunities for experiential learning.
The International Trade Center conducts customized research to meet the needs of individual businesses by providing information that businesses use to effectively evaluate global market opportunities in a timely, meaningful, and affordable way, allowing these companies to strategically enter new markets and expand in the global marketplace.
To learn more about the International Trade Center, contact ITC@missouri.edu